Is is finally Friday. This has been a busy week, with the last of school activities and all. I am ready to sit back in my nice comfy p.j's and have a drink with my friends for VGNO. Cant have a party with the drink and I have a great one tonight. It is getting warm here in Tennessee so this nice cool drink is just I needed tonight. A party needs a drink, a question and a give away to make it lots of fun and tonight I have all three. Go on over to Ann's to check out some more fun tonight. Mr. Linky is down but that is not going to spoil our party. When you go over to visit leave your link to your post in the comments, and Ann will place them in the post.
You will need:
1 1/2 ounce Rum, Coconut
Orange Juice, enough to fill glass
1 scoop of Vanilla ice cream
Type of Glass needed:
There are two different ways to mix this drink.
1. Add the Rum and Orange Juice to the glass and add the scoop of ice cream like a float.
2. Mix all ingredients in a blender then add to the glass.
I like the first way because you get some the ice cream that has not melted.
Now that we have a great drink to get the party started off to the question for the night:
What are you doing for Memorial Day?
We are staying home this weekend to enjoy some family time. DH has been working so much lately due to the storms we have been having here so the time with the family will be great. I think we are going to buy a new grill. Ours is so old I am scared to use it any longer. We love to grill out so I know we will be buying a new one soon.
The drinks have been made, we have talked about our Holiday plans. I thought tonight a great way to add to the party tonight would be with a give a way. What is a party without food. Where can you get some great new recipes for the party you ask. Why a new cookbook of course.
The Good Home Cookbook has over a 1,000 recipes that have been tested in kitchens across America. One of the recipes I would like to share with you tonight for the party comes right out of this cookbook p. 206. It is really good and I know you will like it for the party tonight.
Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 ( 1 pound) pork tenderloins
6 slices bacon
2 tablespoons oil
How to make
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Combine the garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, basil, and oregano in a small bowl. Rub the seasoning all over the tenderloins. Wrap each tenderloin in 3 slices of bacon and secure with toothpicks. Brush with oil and place in a shallow roasting pan.
3. Roast for about 1 hour, until the bacon is crisp and the meat registers 150 degrees to 155 degrees F.
4. Cover with a tent of aluminum foil and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve immediately.
This recipe sound good. I am giving away a copy of the Good Home Cookbook.
This one is easy to enter just leave a comment. See I told you it was going to be easy.
I know some people like the extra entries.
1. Tweet about the giveaway and VGNO and leave the link in the comments. ( 1 entry)
2. Blog about the giveaway and leave a link. ( 5 Entries leave a separate comment for each entry)
Please leave your email address, if it is not in your profile, so I can get in touch with the winner. The winner will be chosen by random.org on March 28th at 12:00 midnight central time. The winner will be notified on March 29th and will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
Head on over to Ann's she has a great popcorn give away on her blog and continue the great VGNO tonight. Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend and be safe.