Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Are things really as they seem?

I got the chance to watch the new AMC show "Rubicon"  which is a fantastic show about a man that tries to crack codes. 


I have always been one that looked deeper into things.  I never really took anything at face value.  I was always looking for the why behind everything.  That is why I love shows like these.

Watching this show got me to thinking about recent government activities such as the Russian spy ring.  Now just how does someone become a spy?  It is really like they show in the movies or TV shows where someone walks up behind someone and starts talking to them or do they get kidnapped and told they have to be a spy.  How exactly does someone get picked for this type of job?  I am pretty sure there is not a job application that you can fill out.  Those are some of the questions that I have when I hear a story like that.  I don't really think about they got caught.  I always think there is some more to the story then what is being told. With the spy ring it got covered up pretty quickly by trading spy's so that leads me to think both the US and USSR are covering something up. I do not think things are they way they are being  told in the media.  Watching Rubicon has made me question things even more than I did before ( if that is possible).

Do you take everything you hear or read at face value or do you wonder if there is more to the story?


Watch below the first episode of Rubicon.  I think you will be thinking about things differently after watching and I know I can not wait until the season begins.


AMC’s newest original drama series “Rubicon” debuts on Sunday, August 1 with a special two-hour premiere from 8–10pm ET.

If you would like to learn more about Rubicon check out this website: http://www.amctv.com/originals/Rubicon/


SP

No comments:

Post a Comment